O2 Oxygen Mini Portable Review
Vapir O2 Oxygen Mini V2.0 Vaporizer Review
Staff Review MP -- VapeNow.com
December 21st, 2008
The Vapir O2 Oxygen Mini is one of the first portable digital vaporizers ever produced. Thanks to a portable battery unit (optional), you can take this vaporizer anywhere you want. So, is it the best portable vape out there? Read on and find out!
Pros & Cons
- Digital display
- Discreet look
- Easy to use
- Rechargeable battery (optional)
- Heats up quickly
- Not as efficient as non-portable vapes
- Plastic taste at first, until you use it a few times
- Very thin vapor
- Rechargeable battery takes 8 – 12 hours to charge
- Needs a more detailed instruction manual
- External portable battery is bulky and you must hold the vaporizer and battery pack when using without the plug
THE BOTTOM LINE: There are limited options for portable vaporizers right now. As time goes by and vaporizer technology improves, we’ll see better and better models. I, for one, hope so. Personally, I have not had a good experience with this vaporizer. Although it looks like a great vape to use, I could not get much vapor at all from this unit. I tried many times with many techniques and could not get a decent amount of vapor. I could take the leftovers from the O2 Oxygen Mini and put it in my Herbalaire and get plenty more vapor. However, that is to be expected as few vaporizers are as efficient as the Herbalaire. Now, with all of that said, many people love this unit and use it every day. It’s really nice being able to just vape anywhere you want, with the optional battery. The battery should last for approximately an hour of continuous use. The digital display is an added bonus for keeping your tobacco or herbs at just the right temperature. It’s not the best portable vaporizer, however for the money, you are getting many features that would typically only come in higher priced vaporizers.
- Main Unit:
The main unit is fairly small, measuring 6.5 inches long. It’s lightweight and compact. Even at its peak temperature, the outside of the unit does not get hot to the touch. There is a digital temperature gauge with a very nice blue light. Up and down buttons let you control the temperature. There is even a button to turn the heating off or on. Just set the desired temperature, push the button to activate the heat and wait approximately 2 minutes for the unit to heat up.
Dimensions: 6.5” Long x 2” Wide x 2" High.
The mouthpiece is connected by simply twisting or untwisting. You can also add a small tube and mouthpiece tip, which are included. By adding these to the tip of the mouthpiece, you can allow an extra second or two to let the vapor cool before entering your lungs.
Plug in the Vapir Oxygen Mini
in to the wall or the rechargeable battery pack.
- Remove the mouthpiece.
- Set the desired temperature using the up or down buttons on the main unit.
- Once you have set the desired temperature, push the “heat” button. Your Oxygen will now begin to heat up.
- While the unit heats up, grind your tobacco or herbs. Grind them up well but not quite powdery
- Once the unit is fully heated, insert your material into the filling chamber. You want to fill this 1/3 to ½ full. Less is more here, as you will need to have lots of room for the air to circulate.
- Now, replace the mouthpiece with a small turn.
- Take a long slow inhale, hold for a few seconds and then exhale. You should see something that resembles mist or your breath on a cold day.
- Once you see vapor, continue using it until you don’t see any more vapor. You can either continue turning up the temperature until you get no more vapor or stop there. You should usually get 5-7 good inhales before all the active ingredients have been vaporized.
Cleaning the Oxygen Mini is relatively simple. Remove the mouthpiece and use the included spoon to remove any tobacco or herbs and residue. When cleaning the inside of your Oxygen, be careful not to damage the internal mesh. Prior to using the tube attachment, make sure to soak the tube in warm water to clean it out. If the mesh comes out of the unit, clean and re-insert into unit prior to use. You may have to use a small scrub brush to get it thoroughly clean.
- For best results, tobacco and herbs should be vaporized somewhere between 360°F and 375°F depending on their exact type.
- DON’T GET FRUSTRATED! Finding the right temperature / breath combination is very important. The first few times you try it, you may not succeed very well. EXPECT IT. However, don’t give up. Experiment. Try different temperatures and breathing techniques. Sometimes you need to leave the tobacco or herbs in there for a minute to heat up. Remember there is a relationship between inhale speed and temperature. If you are inhaling slowly, the air will be hotter and will cook your tobacco or herbs more. On the other hand, if you are inhaling quickly, the air around your tobacco or herbs will not be as hot, so it won’t cook them properly.
- Use the mouthpiece extension to get cooler vapor into your lungs