Vapolution Vaporizer Review
Vapolution Vaporizer Review
Staff Review MP -- VapeNow.com
February 1st, 2009
Pros & Cons
- Very unique design.
- SOLID Construction.
- Insulated with 2 firewalls inside main unit.
- Glass pieces used at both ends of whip.
- All glass heating.
- Can be left on for extended periods and does not get hot.
- Nice extras including a car adapter.
- No temperature indicator.
- Takes approx 5-10 minutes to heat up.
- A little bulky for a portable vape.
- No screen is used so be sure to pack/load it tight.
- Amount used at one time is somewhat limited.
- Only 90 Day Warranty.
THE BOTTOM LINE: I must admit, the Vapolution vaporizer had me stumped for many confusing minutes. Of course, I’m a typical man and don’t read / need instructions. When I first looked at the glass tubes that are supplied for your choice of tobacco or herbs, I thought “Where the heck do the herbs go?”. You see, it’s a straight glass tube with a dimple near one end. That’s it. No Screen. Nothing. Finally, the light bulb went on and I realized that I was supposed to make a small ball of my herbs (or take a pea sized chunk) and basically jam it between the dimple and the glass. Much to my surprise, it actually worked quite well! There are 2 different sized glass tubes, so you can choose to use a smaller or larger amount. Once it’s loaded and connected to one of 2 supplied whips, you insert the glass tube straight down into the Vapolution unit. There is no temperature on the knob, so keep it somewhere around 12 o’clock. After a 15 minute vaporization session, I found the vapor quality to be very good. My herbs were a toasted brown color and it seemed as though it extracted all of the active ingredients from them. Oh, did I mention it’s portable? The Vapolution comes with a car adaptor! I really applaud Vapolution for including this. Oh, I almost forgot. You won’t find a more durable vape on the market. This thing is built like a tank. It’s insulated by 2 firewalls and can be left on for up to 8 hours without getting even warm to the touch. All in all, I’m very impressed with it’s ease of use, portability and efficiency. This is easily one of the most well built, underrated and unique vapes on the market.
- Base / Tank:
The hot air is created by a ceramic heating coil encased in glass in the middle of the “tank”. This surrounded by 2 firewalls inside the solid encasing. There is a hole on top of the unit where the glass tube/bowl slides in to be heated. There is a large button on the front to turn the unit on or off. There is also a dial to either increase or decrease heat. Some experimentation is required here to get the most out of your tobacco or herbs.
Dimensions: The Vapolution is approximately 5.5” Tall and 3” in Diameter.
- Whip / Bowl:
Another nice touch from Vapolution is that they not only included 2 whips, they also included 2 different sized glass tubes/filling chamber. This allows you to use more or less herbs. To assemble, the whip fits over the bowl. You then slide a plastic ring around the other end of the bowl. You want to position the ring so that the bowl is approximately a quarter of an inch above the bottom of the heating chamber.
- Plug in the Vapolution.
- Turn on the unit with the big switch on the front of the unit.
- Turn the temperature dial to your desired location.
- DO NOT GRIND YOUR TOBACCO OR HERBS. Use balls or chunks when loading.
- Load the filling chamber while you wait for the unit to heat up. Tightly pack your tobacco or herbs inside the bowl. The dimple will act as a screen. Do not overfill it. It is very important for air to be able to circulate.
- Once the unit has finished heating, fit the bowl down into the top of the unit.
- Take a long slow inhale, hold for a few seconds and then exhale. You should see something that resembles mist or your breath on a cold day.
- Once you see vapor, continue using it until you don’t see any more vapor. You can either continue turning up the dial until you get no more vapor or stop there.
- Unplug the Vapolution within 8 hours.
Cleaning the Vapolution is fairly straight forward. Separate the glass pieces from the tubing. Put it all in some Isopropyl or Rubbing Alcohol for an hour or so. Rinse off with water, dry, and reassemble. You may have to use a small scrub brush to get it thoroughly clean. DO NOT try to wash the Vapolution. You can. however, take a QTip with rubbing alcohol once the unit has completely cooled off and GENTLY swab out the inside of the heating chamber.
- BE CAREFUL! The glass tube/bowl will be 375ºF when inside the Vapolution. Also, anything that touches that part will be extremely hot too. Please use caution when dealing with these hot parts. The Vapolution housing itself however, will never become hot or even warm to the touch.
- DON’T GET FRUSTRATED! Finding the right temperature / breath combination for the Vapolution is very important. The first few times you try it, you may not succeed very well. EXPECT IT. However, don’t give up. Experiment. Start by inhaling very slowly with deep breaths. Did you see vapor or smoke? The vapor should disappear quickly. If it lingers and looks smoky, then you need to inhale quicker. Sometimes you need to leave the tobacco or herbs in there for a minute to heat up. Remember there is a relationship between inhale speed and temperature. If you are inhaling slowly, the air will be hotter and will cook your material more. On the other hand, if you are inhaling quickly, the air circulating around the material will not be as hot, so it won’t cook your tobacco or herbs properly.
- USE CHUNKS! It’s much easier than trying to stuff finely ground material in the filling chamber.