Staff Review BN -- VapeNow.com
November 1st, 2007
This review looks at the V-Tower, which is made by Arizer. It will discuss the V-Tower’s pros and cons, functions, different parts and components as well as some tips on cleaning.
Pros and Cons
- Precise digital temperature reading (in F and C).
- Stainless steel and compact.
- The glass cyclone bowl and elbow joint are both glass, for delightful and healthy use.
- Heats up within 3 minutes of being turned on.
- Last setting memory, so you don’t have to constantly reset your temperature.
- 3 fan speeds for each user’s different preference.
- Automatic shut off timer (shut off after 2 or 4 hours).
- Life time warranty on the heater, with 2 years on parts and labor.
- Glass does get quite warm, even with the cool-to-touch.
- Bags are difficult to assemble.
- Remote included is small and easy to lose.
THE BOTTOM LINE: At $199, the V-Tower gives you the bang for your buck. You save substantially, and inhale a very clean and flavorful whip of vapor. The device is easy to set up and the remote helps make the unit more user-friendly. The all glass vertical bowl feature allows you to use the whip from all 360 degrees around the vaporizer within 3 feet. There is a LCD temperature display which you can also access the main menu from if you should happen to not have the remote readily available (or lose it). Without a doubt you will like this vaporizer, it is among the top of the whip-style vaporizers.
- Ceramic heater: The ceramic is used to provide a healthy vapor with full flavor.
- Remote Control: You can use the remote to operate your machine within 12 feet of the unit; no need to run over and shut your fan off, it is a very convenient addition to the V-Tower.
- 3 ft. Long Whip: Made from medical tubing this whip is long enough to sit on the couch and use the direct draw method of vaporizing.
- Glass Mouth Piece (2): Easy to change glass mouth pieces come with the unit as well, this can be used if you don’t want to share germs or if one breaks.
- Insulated Dual Wall Stainless Steel Casing: The stainless steel provides a ‘built to last’ unit that is cool to the touch on the outside. The V-Tower Extreme is has a respectable look and insulated with food grade insulation.
- Glass Cyclone Bowl: The vertical Cyclone Bowl has a cool touch topper which is provides a surface slightly cooler than the rest of the bowl so you can pick it up. The upright standing bowl is quite efficient since the air travelling through is distributed evenly for a potent vapor.
- Glass Elbow Adapter: The glass elbow adapter is used for connection your bag to the vaporizer. The glass on glass provides a wonderful and clean taste with every hit of vapor. The whip has its own connector for the Cyclone Bowl.
- Turn the vaporizer on and set it to 220 celcius (428 Fahrenheit) or desired temperature.
- Grind your favorite herbs or tobacco and fill the Glass Cyclone Bowl about 2/3 of the way to the black lining.
- When the temperature has been reached, put your Cyclone Bowl on to the heating unit and attach your whip for direct draw (or fan assisted inhale) and enjoy.
- Sit back and relax, take the Cyclone Bowl off before sitting back for good so it doesn’t heat up more than it has too.
- Use cotton swabs on short tubes and mouth pieces/glass connectors.
- Isopropyl alcohol can be used on glass bowls and elbow joint to loosen grime.
- Isopropyl alcohol can be ran through the whip as well.
- You can burn the screens to remove residue and use the end of a paper clip to brush out ashes caught between the threading of the screen.
- Take the bowl off between uses to prevent it from getting too hot to touch.
- Buy medical grade tubing for a longer whip to go with your remote.
- Use the Aroma Bowl with potpourri for a pleasant ambient scent.
- Keep track of the remote.
That's all for the V-Tower Vaporizer. Thanks for reading.
-- The VapeNow Staff